Thanks @ChartsGuyA few sentences in...and whinge warning * after...

1. 30,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782

Thanks @ChartsGuy
    A few sentences in...and whinge warning * after listening to these commentators, I've developed a serious aversion to management speak.

t's got to the point where people cannot use direct language or express complex concepts with brevity, and without repetition and anodyne phrases. As a result of these catchphrases they're draining language of precision and reducing their vocabulary, and with it, ours. It's supposed to sound like you're up with the latest and therefore have credibility. No, it's just making soothing noises and not getting to the point.

Starting a sentence with So is utterly meaningless. As is repeating a word several times in the sentence, it's just mind numbing and soporific.

Deep dive is my latest annoyance.

To me it's idiotic, you have researched the topic, and we're going to have an intense discussion but what's the point of signalling it, as if we could break our spine or drown? You expect detailed and intense discussion not a signal that this is not just entertainment, but I'll perservere....

*whinge warning because in these times of cross checking if the audience is with you, have to develop a term for that..... This is how you become part of it, with the fake easy-going shtick. This is how to sell books...or get youtube followers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.