TGZ 0.00% $3.30 teranga gold corporation

Great post beachman.I will say that the company has not spoken...

1. 11,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6520
    Great post beachman.

I will say that the company has not spoken about dividends, which I am sure, if the company was able to quickly get rid of their debt and starting paying, even a very small dividend, would get the attention of the market.

Once the first dividend is paid, the company should provide the market with a clear and solid plan for continuing to pay a dividend, with the hope of slowly increasing it, even with the capex they plan to spend. It is a pretty simple proposition, cash first, then expand in a moderate and controlled manner. (The problem has been across the board that gold stocks have had this obsession with bigger plants, more gold reserves and only after they meet some un-quantifiable goal will they supposedly start paying dividends.

The market finds no reason to hold gold stocks who have never paid a dividend (at the moment anyway).

I have been very happy to see that management have cut their capex etc quite a lot, however, I will not buy in until they can prove they will stick to what they say they will do.

If as you say Beachman, their C3 costs are bellow $1000 US. Then they are better off than the majority of small/mid tier and even many of the majors.

Regarding the sovereign risk, it is a real shame the new government has changed the deals that were earlier agreed to. A real slap in the face, however, it is not a unique occurrence, with many countries around the world having done the same thing.

For me, what keeps me watching TGZ, is that management have so far not made any large blunders. The watching continues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.