KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Alpha was using the CMQ chart as an example of what can happen...

1. 1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Alpha was using the CMQ chart as an example of what can happen when sentiment runs out on tech/biotech stocks that have no earnings. They are very speculative investments and nobody needs to be reminded of this I'm sure.

Until stocks like CMQ and NRT produce some earnings it it likely to be a bumpy ride either way.........look at their charts to date. It is quite possible that on DCF figures that NRT and CMQ are both worth a lot more than current prices BUT there is a long way to go and the valuations going around assume eveything goes according to plan with approvals/trials etc....... THAT's what you're betting on. If the cash doesn't arrive you won't get any comfort from CMQ's book value of 11c/share or NRT's 56c/share.

I have no strong view (positive or negative) towards these stocks and I'm in the pharmaceutical industry..........purely because they are both still at the mercy of trials and approvals. Great stocks to trade short term though.

I hope all who hold do well out of them...........just don't expect a steady ride.

Ed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.