GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

information regarding gold stocks

1. 230 Posts.
    With gold continuing its rise up I have seen a major increase in threads regarding gold stocks, I have decided to put together a small compilation with a write up.

I hold interests in most of these companies and continue to do so while the outlook for gold is bullish. If you choose to invest in any of these company's you do so at your own risk.

----------------------------
    Major - Large Producers:

Newcrest Mining Limited - NCM
    Market Cap: $8.3 Billion
    Australia's largest gold producer, has a portfolio of mines located in Australia and Indonesia, recently announced that it is going to eliminate it's entire hedge book with a couple of billion worth of capital raising.

Oxiana Limited - OXR
    Market Cap: $5.1 Billion
    While primarily not a gold producer and more of a diversified minerals miner Oxiana does have a decent exposure to gold mining with production of around 200,000 ounces in 2006 and gold mines in Laos.

Lihir Gold Limited - LGL
    Market Cap: $6.4 Billion
    Located in P.N.G. Lihir Island, has recently reduced power costs significantly by tapping into geothermal activity to provide power for milling and other operations, has a resource estimate of 40 million ounces.

Newmont Mining Corporation - NEM
    Market Cap: $19.1 Billion USD (NYSE)
    One of the worlds largest producers, managed to mill out almost a massive 6,000,000 ounces of gold last year. Has operations all around the world with 70% of its gold mined in the Americas.

Sino Gold Mining Limited - SGX
    Market Cap: $1.1 Billion
    One of Chinas largest gold producers with a relatively low cost per ounce of gold mined, operates the Jinfeng mine in China.

----------------------------

Mid - Minor Producers / Speculative:

Oceana Gold Corporation - OGC
    Market Cap: $562 Million
    Has a large gold resource base to work with and announced a very aggressive producing strategy with aims to be producing half a million ounces of gold annually by 2009.

St Barbara Limited - SBM
    Market Cap: $448 Million
    Operates the Gwalia Deeps mine, anyone who subscribed to the Rivkin report will remember this mine. (Sons of Gwalia). Work has already begun preparing for a continued underground mining operation.

Citigold Corporation Limited - CTO
    Market Cap: $273 Million
    Recently received state funding for it's continued deep underground drilling program which includes a 2000 metre underground exploration program searching for gold grades in the Charters Towers mine.

Dioro Exploration NL - DIO
    Market Cap: $96 Million
    49% owner of the frogs leg mine in WA. Has an extremely aggressive growth strategy planned including listing on the TSX and recently splitting its nickel assets into splinter company with scrip offer. Also has a JV with CVRD Brazil to explore Uranium tenaments.

Mundo Minerals Limited - MUN
    Market Cap: N/A
    Mundo is just starting out operations in South America, anybody who subscribes to Fat Prophets Mining should be aware of this company and it's high grade intercepts on tenements.

Lion Selection Limited - LST
    Market Cap: N/A
    Lion Selection is an investment group formed recently due to a merger and has significant investments in gold assets all across Australia and the world. It's primary form of investment is shares in mid cap producers and exploration stock.

I hope this has helped.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.