WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

innovation needed , page-13

1. 5,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1681
    Jov,
    You had asked for alternative ways of delivery.
    One which I find most promising is nanotechnology which currently sees broad advances worldwide ( the UK Biopartnering conference had a large percentage of nanotech related research presented ).

The main problem with nanotechnology though is the problem of how do dispose of the devices after they have done their job:

Graphene, that new rock star of the nano world, whose inventors won the Nobel Prize in physics this year, is being investigated as a possible drug delivery device. However, there are a few steps nanotech-enabled drug delivery needs to follow before it truly arrives, and the last part is among the most important. It has to harmlessly go away after it's done its jobs and dropped off its payload of therapeutics.

Michael Sailor, an expert in designing nanoparticles for biomedical applications at the University of California, San Diego, US, cautions that further work is needed to test the safety and biological life cycle of any graphene-based drug delivery system. 'One of the major challenges in nano-enabled drug delivery is degradability of the device once it has performed its function

http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/ChemScience/Volume/2010/12/targeting_tumours.asp

Nanotechnolgy will, in my opinion, provide many breakthroughs in cancer therapy amongst many other fields.
    As a direct conpetition to iontophoresis though I see our technology clearly advantaged for its cheap production costs as well as its clean and accurately adjustable delivery method.

The other transdermal delivery method with great promise is the chemical approach which is currently patented amongst many other competitors by the Melbourne based research company Phosphagenics.

In direct comparison to iontophoresis I believe that both delivery mothods hold great promise for the future but see a greater interest of international research going into our electromagnetic direction as I have shown, for example, in my latest US iontophoteric study.

There are many paths and methods currently in development for TDD and our technology, in all likelihood, seems to be at the forefront of a practible and cost attractive innovation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.