RNE 20.0% 0.2¢ renu energy limited

innovation, page-37

1. 359 Posts.
    Hybie & Billblogs. Thanks for expanding this a bit.
    I would like a nice schematic diagram with all the steps through the process labelled + little explanations to clarify
    things.
    Hybie, I think you are right that the steam + water that exhausts from the turbine, having given up much of its heat(energy) load in turning the turbine, losing pressure and temperature in the process needs to be cooled a bit further to reach liquid condition. (I think).

Billblogs, you make the interesting point that it is also very desirable to cool the exhaust quickly in the condenser which would have the effect of dropping its remaining pressure value even further. Into negative or vaccuum levels if possible.
    I see now that by doing this the steam in the turbine is pushing against less resistance as it exits or exhausts and so whatever pressure it is at exerts greater force agaist the turbine blade as there is that much less pressure on the other side of the blade.
    So big condensers needed to kill remaining pressure on the outlet side of the turbine fast. That sounds good. If I have it right?

Your second point bb I take as saying that 'ideally' getting the secondary fluid (the turbine condensate) as cool as possible is also desirable so that as it is returned to the heat exchanger there is as great a difference as possible in its temp.(lower), to that of the primary fluid coming up from the well. The greater the difference between the two fluids the more heat will be transferred across.
    Yes that I see. The greater the diff. the faster or more efficient the heat transfer.

I get a small headache now as I see a conflict that as well as 'harvesting' max. heat there is also a benefit in achieving max. temp. in the secondary fluid and hence pressure developed to drive the turbine as powerfully as possible.

This suggests a delicate balancing act required to have the condesate arriving at the heat exchanger as cool as possible but getting heated as it passes through to as high a temp. as possible! Is this so?
    Can you clarify this a bit further for me please billblogs?

geojac.

ps. I think I detect the 'bot' trader at work again but seemingly operating in our favour today?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $1.089M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $52.46K 26.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1688623 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 13782473 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.