INR 0.00% 16.5¢ ioneer ltd

We also need to consider the following:If the plaintiff wins the...

1. 3,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1176
    We also need to consider the following:

If the plaintiff wins the court case and the plant is listed as endangered, how will this impact Ioneer. A few possible scenarios:

1) BLM still issue mining permits but with conditions on how the mine needs to be constructed to avoid Tiehms - win win
    2) BLM no longer issue permits - financially significant to Ioneer

I imagine that should option 2 occur it will be significantly material to Ioneer. I would then imagine Ioneer would pursue a legal avenue itself in terms of suing BLM. This would be on the basis of:

1) Issuing mining/drilling permits to Global Geoscience when a plant species exists on the land that is classed as endangered. Failure to list the plant in 1998 would have result in non-pursue of said permits and thus not resulted in financial losses to Ioneer. OR
    2) Issuing mining/drilling permits on land that cannot sustain a mine.

I remember reading reports in 2016/2017 that said the plant was not of material importance and would not impact the mine site.
    We have 3/4s of a billion dollar market cap riding on the mine getting approved, not to mention all the future financial costs the state miss out on with this mine not proceeding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $385.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $379.8K 2.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 334026 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 97425 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.