Inside Israel's war against Palestinians, page-126

1. 17,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I think we have misunderstood each other on the Muslim activism. I’m not talking about Palestinian activism but jihadists of which there remain many. Palestine is a distraction and a worthy one - particularly for them. While I believe most get on with life and do the right thing across Europe there is seething anger towards muslims. Who’d have thought that one of the most liberal countries - Netherlands - would end up with the government they have. That isn’t for no reason

your comment on antisemitism means you do not understand it. If someone refers to the chosen people as a derogatory or throw away line while decrying the war that is in fact anti semitism. If someone comments that we don’t distinguish nazis - they are either Nazi or not - in response to lapdogs perfectly reasonable comment which did distinguish Netanyahu government and Jews - that is anti semitic. This may not seem so to you but make it easy by substituting black or Muslim or Sudanese or Chinese and tell me if you still think it is without taint.

I also don’t expect you to be in touch with Jews - but I am and they feel it. Those in the northern suburbs of melbourne with larger Muslim populations are frightened and many have been attacked. It’s just not popular to discuss it at present.

am I ok. Thanks - I served Jerusalem artichoke to a Jew the other day - fortunately he thought it amusing. I’m happily working on a very large community art project and having fun while remaining enormously saddened by the level of hate in the world. That dissonance is not comfortable for me but I shall recover my sense of optimism.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.