MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

It would be fascinating to be inside the MEO tent at the moment....

1. 73 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    It would be fascinating to be inside the MEO tent at the moment.

No doubt Meo team and the PBAS representatives are furiously trying to understand more about the drill shot.

Given Pbas farmed-in and own 50% of the permit, I only speculate, but I would expect that there will be plenty of people at Pbas who's reputations/careers depend (in either a small or a large way) on the investment in/with MEO bringing results. To get the investment $ and the farm-in deal done they would have had to have pretty deep buy-in, a long way up their exec line. That means there are likely to get plenty of 'help' from HQ. Probably a lot of additional exec focus, maybe additional tech expertise/scrutiny and $, to shape what their next steps. They would have had some type of 'what if no-gas scenario', but I would imagine that they will now re-assess both the current MEO relationship and the permit, to find better way to be successful (IMO too early to trash it). Some on HC are talking about pbas de-investing, my experience with large corporates is that top mgmnt will put everyone under a ton of pressure to make the investment work, no-one just gets to walk away, especially when a global player invests into a highly prospective gas geography a long way from current operations, suspect this is part of strategic play, not a one-shot

As stated speculation only...and a point of view for discussion.

I do appreciate that Pbas have met the farm-in terms of funding the first well, and can probably pack it up if they wish.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.