SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

I don't have much time for the Age and this article is a bit of...

1. 2,088 Posts.
    I don't have much time for the Age and this article is a bit of a head scratcher. 'Glaring insider trading' is what Elizabeth Knight says about SDL.

Back in January SDL had 7 days of 50m+ volume and the SP went from 60 cents to 43 cents - does Elizabeth think that is insider trading?

The question I would like answered is who is Elizabeth actually accusing of insider trading? She claims it's 'glaring insder trading' but fails to mention is it SDL management, Hanlong or someone else in the know?

The article could have been a lot clearer IMO.

Good luck

There are always plenty of examples of glaring insider trading - in recent weeks one has been trading in Sundance Resources stock, which moved up almost 20 per cent on higher-than-usual turnover just before the news the Chinese explorer, Hanlong Mining, had made a takeover approach.

It is sad to say that these examples of pre-announcement share movements are anything but unusual.

Traditionally insider trading has been a difficult crime to prosecute - and successes have been few. But in the interests of maintaining transparency in financial markets the regulator must continue to pursue them and apply maximum pressure.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/insider-trading-canberra-leaks-then-seeks-answers-20110721-1hqwl.html#ixzz1T4BDXIaN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.