SDV 1.23% 41.0¢ scidev ltd

insight into profit analysis: offtake shipment

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63

To those trying to crunch the numbers I have posted below a copy of a question I put to PW last week and his subsequent response. This may shed a bit more light on profit analysis.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question
    As per slide 23, Aust. Zinc Briefing, why do the operating costs go up
    so much for zinc valued @ 90c US lb compared to zinc valued @ $1.50 US
    lb as in both instances we are still processing the same throughput
    volume of tailings via the Hellyer treatment plant.

Answer
    Treatment charges are a complicated formula depending on zinc price and
    change year to year. Smelter charges(included in operating costs)
    increase with zinc price.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see where some people may be coming from because previous announcements have separated revenue and costs whereas todays announcement provides the payment figure AFTER smelter treatment terms have been deducted, therefore no need to apply costs again ($25m annualized cost includes smelting charges)

Additionally Intec still have their own 'corporate' costs which are separate to the JV, which will need to be covered before their share of JV proceeds drop through to the bottom line.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Boomer

FYI
    On Monday I had a good conversation with David Zammit, in which I suggested INL make an announcement regarding payment for the first shipment at the earliest opportunity...I'm glad to see they have reacted positively to the idea as I believe it to be beneficial to leverage the achievement of such a significant milestone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.