LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Check my earlier posts on LYC. I have always backed up my...

1. 705 Posts.
    Check my earlier posts on LYC. I have always backed up my opinion with real facts. Yes I did buy just before the trading halt and I made a post to that effect. Yes I did sell my holdings right down when the price began sliding from above 20c. I posted to that effect too and clearly enunciated my reasoning. There was a chance the company would not have been able to refinance. However recent events have shown they were able to refinance so my sentiment has changed.

We holders own a company with substantial assets and increasing cash flow. I understand many posters on this forum want greater disclosure from the company but in a competitive market, disclosure needs to be limited. The company is consistently producing more products and marketing them for better aggregate prices.

I do not pretend this investment is without risk but some on this forum are posting disinformation. The $50M cash burn a quarter keeps getting a run even though reality is half this figure and shrinking. One poster even implied today that the Company's only product is cerium and its only use is for polishing. This is not true.

Lynas is positioned to become a significant rare earth supplier and is establishing supply contracts that are likely to extend into the longer term. Yes there have been plenty of disappointments over the years but in part that disappointment has been a function of overly rosy investor sentiment.

Much of the disappointment has been via opportunistic, groundless, political opposition. It may have been groundless but it caused significant and costly delay.

Some of the disappointment relates to the nature of the LAMP itself. Lanthanides are difficult to separate quantitatively, all the more so when processes must operate on an industrial scale. I am not surprised it is taking so long to ramp up production but the long ramp up has brought plenty of trading opportunities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.