OIL 2.22% 22.0¢ optiscan imaging limited

instagram page, page-9

1. 16,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2378
    Its initially being marketed as a "digital biopsy tool" attached to the CZ robot. Now to me that means they will use it to take 3d microscopic images of suspect lesions to view cellular pathology and identify tumors without having to cut tissue out. Nobody cares if you cut out a breast lump and take a bit too much, but if you are a neurosurgeon or spinal surgeon, cutting tissue might cause a serious problem.

Lots of companies make surgical robots, but IMO CZ will use the digital biopsy tool as THE reason to buy the Convivo CZ surgical robotic kit, which gives the user the advantage of the best endoscopic microscope available. So I think they will push it hard, robots are expensive and with this they can sell more, maybe a lot more.

The Optiscan device is going to have to be used with a robot to use its potential. At the resolution available no hand would be steady enough to hold it. But there could be potential here to use it to check tumor resection margins during neuro or spinal surgery as well. Thats something I think many surgeons will want, not just neuro surgeons.

Maybe in the not too distant future it could be used with a computer controlled robotic laser scalpel. I know that sounds like scifi, but I think it could be possible. So tumor would be identified in real time and then vaporised with a laser, possibly endoscopic laser neuro and spinal surgery. Without this microscope, I cannot see how it would be possible.
    Last edited by whytee: 23/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $183.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 23.5¢ 22.0¢ $105.8K 469.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49999 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 13880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OIL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.