AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

Hi all POHsters, don't want to pour cold water but just some...

1. 21 Posts.
    Hi all POHsters, don't want to pour cold water but just some practical aspects re insulin patch. Insulins are more complicated than some other drugs. There are immediate acting insulins, medium acting insulins and long acting insulins. Most type 1 diabetics have to have 2 injections per day. Pump is good because it can be programmed to deliver insulin at different rate depending on the life style of individual. Hence it is not a one patch fit all situation. There are a lot of technical hurdles to overcome.

In addition, if FDA or TGA wants proper clinical trials, it is not a straight forward trial either. The universal accept trial protocol is "double blind cross-over control trial" and is usually compare with establish treatment (ie injection). I cannot see how it can be double blind because patients will readily know between injection and skin patch. The protocol has to be modified. All these mean time and money and all biotechs are notoriously risky.

I am not negative but just pragmatic. Remember Ventracor (so good with the artifical heart and at final phase of trial) ran out of money at the wrong time of the economical cycle and gone busted.

On Oxycodone patch, there are already narcotic pain control patch on the market and a new patch has to compete with the established treatment. It is not going to revolutionise the pain control market. What discount to apply to the valuation?

I agree that the best way to go forward is to partner with or license to big multi-national. It save money and can utilise their established infra-structure.

I hold POH and hope it to be successful too but we have to be patient and monitor the cash burn very carefully. Better still if the Quiley deal works out and provide the company with cash flow.

Hope I have not upset anyone.

csy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
51 92218918 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 76447411 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.20pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.