What if God evolved from the universe, and hence had no...

1. 374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    What if God evolved from the universe, and hence had no beggining or end? Where does God begin or end, and why do we think of God as a being discontinuous, an entity contained within some "body" occupying a distinct area, time or place. It is so beyond the human experience to conceptualise that there may be a being of consciousness that is not needing to be born and needing to die. Could it not be that God is everywhere all at once, all seeing, all knowing, all conscious, all powerful, flowing across all times... past, present & future? I look at earth, natural phenomena, ecosystems and species complexity; I see a reflection of what God is, and recognise that a full knowing or understanding of God is beyond the capacity of an ordinary persons comprehension...some have gone mad trying to know God... entire populations sometimes seem mad (do mad things) for their desire for God's validation.

I am not criticising the bible, I recognise it as a tool by which past believers portrayed their experiences, knowledge and concepts (inspired by God). But my view is that the bible does at times provide an overly simplistic portrayal of God, it makes the figurative conceptualisation of an all powerful being easy to understand; but I find that description of God too black and white and not at all as real as the God I imagine when I watch the monsoon lightning storms or look up at the stars in the nights sky etc etc.

Almost every religion and tribe on earth has a glimpse of a deity/ some seeing God as something represented by multiple deities or having other complex presentions (holy trinity anyone)...

Anyways, my main point is that... everyone conceptualises God differently; so how can we even begin to agree on God's existence when we probably have different ideas about what God is? Also, if we seek proof of knowing that God exists, and there is none; perhaps the reason for lack of proof is that our conceptualisation of God is unrealistic.
    Last edited by Parrallax2: 20/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.