intelligent design for dummies, page-25

1. 1,799 Posts.

About 340BC that smart bloke Aristotle said that motion must always have been in existence and therefore infinite time. i.e. an infinite universe.

Isn't this then a process occurring at all times with respect to each electron, atom, cell, organ, organism, species, ecosystem, planet, and galaxy. Isn't it then infinite time, honing and whittling, carving and rejigging by selection and rejection, in a succession of environments, rather than some super external intelligence designing?

Why not think that the messages that have come down to us are the ones that have survived millions, in some cases hundreds of millions, of generations, or who knows how long? Why not consider for a moment that for every successful message that has reached the present, countless failures have fallen away? Do we ever consider the failure and that this process is also irreversible?

For my mind we just see ad hoc solutions that are not perfect, but idiosyncratic and eclectic and always a work in progress.

Cannot see any teddy in there for the life of me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.