intelligent less likely to believe in god, page-140

1. 10,498 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    Debono, the sad thing I think is when people take things to extremes. I think the religious extremists of all faiths have done no justice to the idea of God. The whole purpose of Christianity is freedom of choice as per my understanding.

So when I bump into for lack of a better term a religious zealot I truly find it offensive. Just for the record I who do believe in God was told by a Catholic monk that I would burn in hell if I was a baptized Catholic who did not attend mass.

You see I don't believe in organized religion to me it was not the message of Christ. I respect it don't get me wrong but there is no point in trying to brainwash someone into a belief that doesn't truly come from their hearts. Not what God wanted in my view.

So I don't attend church and I even married a non believer. If the message was we should all love one another I can not see how anyone can hate anyone based on their beliefs? Anyway mate good post and I must admit I am truly enjoying this thread. Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.