intelligent less likely to believe in god, page-180

1. 6,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I note that nucular still hasn't come up with conclusive proof of evolution as per request and has instead continued to avoid it. No matter , it's a toughy.

To believe that a caterpillar can spin a cocoon and dissolve itself into a porridge and then reconstitute itself as a butterfly is to truly believe in miracles, given the odds against that happening.

I doubt that nucular has qualifications in philosophy as if he does then

"Evolution exists. The alternative is that we believe adam and eve and the rest of that whole concoction of mistruth?"

a logical blunder. It is not an either/or question.That is a false dichotomy.
    The Adam and Eve story of the bible is only one account of a possible creation,the one that many people with scientific pretensions posit as the only alternative.

Myself? I don't have any idea where we come from, but I'm not the one proposing the theory. As always, the proposers bear the burden of proof.I doubt that we are here by chance, but beyond that I don't know.I don't see how those that believe in evolution can be so certain, when there are large problems with it(one example above).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.