Hello catlover. "Is the removing of lice from one's head mass...

1. 487 Posts.
    Hello catlover.

"Is the removing of lice from one's head mass murder?" Man commits mass murder everyday in war and is destroying the planet, never mind head lice mass murder!

My argument had little to do with the atrocities of man, but more the belief if you truly felt man was no greater than animal, then ending the life of man would be the moral equivelant of ending the life of animal, or lice, if neither is a superior being.

"I put it to you: who kills for sport man or animal? Who rapes for control, not for sexual pleasure?"

These are clever points, (whether they are accurate or not, sorry I am undecided)... but they needed to be clever. Would they have needed to be so clever when pointing out the good things man has done that an animal has not?

Also, "rape" in itself is an act which hurts another to obtain personal benefits. Whether an animal rapes for control, I would have no idea, but certainly there are an abundance of instances in the animal kingdom whereby an animal will willingly cause pain to another for "control". The reasoning behind this could be the sociological importance humanity has placed on sex, which may not be applicable in the animal kingdom. The fact an animal is willing to kill as opposed to rape solely for control, I do not believe an animal would have the right to put themselves on a moral pedestal because of this.

"Is the removing of lice from one's head mass murder?" Man commits mass murder everyday in war and is destroying the planet, never mind head lice mass murder!

I am not saying mankind is moral, it is obviously not that absolute. Your point regarding destroying the planet I would argue is not so much about the difference in morality but intelligence, again another example as to the clear distinction between man and beast. If an animal had the means to slowly destroy the planet for its own personal gains, do you believe they would be moral enough to refrain from this? I certainly wouldn't entrust my old dog with such a moral responsibility (RIP). The reason mankind is destroying the planet and not animals is due to the fact mankind's superior intelligence has created a means to upset the balance, which animals are incapable of. It is certainly not because of animal's moral superiority over man.

Hope your kittens are going good. I'm a dog man myself but I respect other people's preferences in animals!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.