The boiling water causes instant death to the crab. I can...

1. 18,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    The boiling water causes instant death to the crab. I can personally say how burns affect one. I spent 6 weeks in a burns ward after blowing up my boat with me in it. There was actually no pain at the time. The pain didn't set in for a couple of hours and then became intense. I was given so much morphine that I became allergic to it and most pain killers. The most pain I suffered was from the donor sites for the skin grafts. Areas not affected by the burns. I ended up with laughing gas as the best pain relief. I cant see how I could administer laughing gas to a crab.

In the past I have operated a poultry abattoir. The chickens are killed by hanging them upside down and cutting the throat, They do "kick around" for awhile so that is probably not instant death. I also used to kill my own beef and lamb. To kill the lamb we used to just slit the throat and let them bleed. (Meat eaters make better lovers).

Compared to all that, dropping a crab into boiling water is probably more humane. I caught a nice bream just minutes ago. It wasn't too happy being on the end of the line. I cut its throat to bleed it. (Fish bled are better than those allowed to die slowly with the blood still in the system.)

Humans are carnivores. That means we kill our food. I'm not sure if even a lettuce feels the knife when it is harvested.

Please tell me what you would do with a mud crab. Or are you a vegan?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.