Interactive Brokers API

1. 1,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I'm looking for feedback from others using the IB API (Or not using it for whatever reason).
    I'm looking to first utilize the DDE ALE API to integrate into some MT excel alpha/beta models and am seeking experienced feedback on the following:

• Are you the beneficial owner of all executions (meaning, unlike SAXO, are all trades settled against your personal chess account)?
    • Have you witnessed on market hedging (i.e. have you witnessed subsequent flows from IB or other brokers as IB covers positions (long or short) relating to trades executed via your margin account?)
    • Is it a true DMA platform (Their FSG talks of routing via CHX & DMM's - not ASX) + are you using their margin acct or their retail offering?
    • Have you had leveraged positions closed out at times of volatility without your consent?
    • Any technical issues with their API? (I know the DDE ALE is the least stable option - I plan to migrate to Java/C++ at a later date after the platform has proved itself)
    • Have all your orders flowed freely or does the IB compliance department actively block orders they deem as questionable?
    • Do they provide both ASX & CHX depth?
    • Do they provide level 3 data - specifically flows by broker like OM provides.
    • How to they handle a lack of available funds at time of settlement
    • Are there any hidden fees or traps or anything else you thing worth pointing out?

Any feedback appreciated & my email is in my signature should you wish to make direct contact.
    Last edited by Trae: 11/05/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.