Interest rate cut tomorrow will be a long term disaster!!!, page-3

1. Osi
    15,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I agree that rate cuts can't kick start the economy on present circumstances.

The housing and construction sector fall can only be cushioned by ensuring that other sectors thrive. RBA rate cuts won't do that because the mechanism no longer has a primary impact on the availability and cost of finance to business. Tapered net immigration will in any case have a much bigger impact on the construction sector.

Davo. I don't like the Keiser Report but the same message is coming from multiple directions. My eye is always on so-called emerging market debt and corresponding sovereign default risk.

Millenials simply need to live frugally with what they have and learn to be happy for now because the boom days and must have days are gone. Oldies need to act more ruthlessly with their lifestyle decisions (if they can). Those with all their funds sitting in bad residential real estate decisions and dividend stocks that are about to reduce dividends are the lucky ones because most over 60's have only Centrelink to look forward to.

We all know that a slightly lower RBA rate should lower the AUD but with global politics and trade wars as they are money may stay in Australia because it isn't the US, China, the EU or an emerging market. Like everyone else have no real idea and so (globally) I expect financial and market diversification to remain the trend.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.