interest rate rise under carbon tax???

1. 722 Posts.
    Pardon my ignorance, after watching channel 10 last night on that carbon tax introduced by ALP, I understand it as this way, all costs of living will horrendously go up. That puts pressure on inflation. Then doesnt interest rates go up and under the price of a $23.00 dollars I'm guessing at above 12-15%.
    I'm a simple lay person and am not intelligent as those politicians, but to tax our coal companies who supply all the electricity to our homes and our cities. Closing a coal mine means one thing job losses horendous electricity charges and massive blackouts.
    Are we now only living in Australia just to pay taxes to these politicians. Thats what it feels like.
    Last night they mentioned already 50% carbon has been brought down by new investments in cleaner technology now how does a carbon tax encourage this in the future.
    Why is Australia with such a tiny population wanting to prove it self to the global world we are higher and almighty than any of you. Why doesnt the USA have a carbon tax, why doesnt India have a carbon tax..
    I vote NO for carbon tax and
    Vote Yes helping businesses achieve cleaner technology.
    Its definately not taxing them via this carbon tax of $23 than that other tax MRRT 30% than payroll tax and all that other rubbish taxes companies have to pay. All I see is massive unemployment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.