interesting animal behaviour

1. 17,117 Posts.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mystery-golden-retriever-dog-gillie-brings-owner-12-loaves-of-bread-as-owner-michael-shaw-is-puzzled/story-e6frfkvr-1226402746788

my little Maltese dog is a very fussy eater....I do not offer her human food....(except the steaks, but that is dog food in our place, rather than human food, we stopped eating meat)

lately , well every night for the past 2 weeks, she has gone to the pantry door, opened it, then sits there and barks at me to come and look....(it is only one sharp, command type bark)
    thinking she might be hungry, I have given her a denta bone...she took the bones, but does not chew them...

(she will go to the pantry door, and bark a command, if I have forgotten to give her, her evening tray of Natures Own, dog food, or if she wants it earlier than usual)

then I remembered, she does like an anzac biscuit....once in a blue moon... friends gave it to her, a couple of times

she is not greedy, she only eats about 200 grams of food a day
    anyway I gave her a piece of the anzac biscuit one night...
    now she is making a habit, and wanting it everynight

because I can trust her....I have put some pieces into a small dish for her, on the pantry floor...so she can help herself from now on..
    guess she is maturing, and looking to expand her choice of food

I had a horse that loved chewing tobacco...I used to smoke..he would nudge my pockets...until I learnt to give him the tobacco...he loved it as a treat...

we had a cat, who would sit on the post near his yard...the horse would pick the cat up, by the scruff of his neck, put the cat on the ground...gently...cat would climb back onto the post...they would repeat this...until cat got sick of the game...
    animals can be very clever

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.