interesting animal behaviour, page-6

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I cannot help Dino, never heard of them....I did see an african cat....like a chincella...it was the most cutest cat I have ever seen...but they wanted $800 for it...

Meerkats.....I fell in love with these small animals...watched the tv show 'Meerkat Manor' I think it was on abc tv...
    they had cameras following their every move....
    the way they protected each other was magical....
    but the most memorable scene, was the young male, a teenager/juvenile babysitting the little ones...under orders from the elders in the group
    like most human bubbies and toddlers, they needed a constant 'mum' to rescue them....and he was new to this role...
    he was in charge of 5 babies...and they were all over the place, falling down gullies etc, and he had to rescue them...I think one went missing, and he was beside himself with anguish...
    he was able to get 4 of them , back to the camp and in bed...but fretted so much over the missing baby....the elders were angry, and cast him from the group...while they went looking for the missing baby....
    meerkats are very family orientated...and for him to lose a baby was a huge family problem, an absolute disaster.....
    the family eventually found the baby, and it survived...but he was cast out of the family forever...
    it was so sad.....
    on the one hand, they are the epitomy of human families..
    they can be so fragile, but also loving and warm
    but the other side, similar to humans....
    a family member is cast aside....due to inexperience...a mistake...(usually, today, a drug or alcohol problem)
    and cast away forever...
    if you missed the series....and are an animal lover...or just a humanitarian, I urge you to get the series on DVD...
    closer to home...here are some babies, a family at the Melb zoo
    http://www.theage.com.au/environment/animals/melbournes-mini-meerkats-to-meet-the-public-20120620-20nd4.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.