GBE 0.00% 5.2¢ globe metals & mining limited

Problem is Ranger all the delays have stalled Kanyika...

1. 6,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1544
    Problem is Ranger all the delays have stalled Kanyika development and that early competitive edge, the opportunity that should have seen GBE in a prime position and have a producing niobium mine has evaporated as all others join the niobium hunt which will no doubt have a consequence to the future of niobium prices as more becomes available for end users.

How's the Malawi government with their resource rent tax. What a joke - do they think they are Australia?
    Honestly - no infrastructure - electricity - skilled work force - political stability - etc. A third world country wants income tax at 30%, stamp duty at 5% and a resource rent tax of 10% on net profit over ....

Little wonder GBE are holding a strategic review. If Malawi can't offer attractive returns to investors for the risk they take in this place they will simply not attract mining investment. Paladins uranium mine in Malawi is on care and maintenance (their operations at Langer Hiendrik in Tanzania are still running profitable) - coal mines are being placed on care & maintenance in Malawi whilst officials allow cheaper supply from neighbouring Mozambique - the early signs of this long awaited mining bill implementation are not looking favourable except the construction tax concessions and write downs and cheap labour. Not sure if that will entice GBE or other companies to do business in a place like Malawi.

A third world country with first class business terms and conditions - I think not.

If GBE had issues with the 5% royalty instead of 3% - what GBE referred to as excessive then what of the RRT? The shit fight continues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.2¢ 4.8¢ $6.134K 123.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 181452 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 75314 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.