FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

interesting comments from randgold yesterday, page-18

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Remirez - I have absolutely no idea why you're still here...

FYI Ntiola might as well be in a different country given its distance from Bamako (don't you READ the news, or have ever looked at a map - anything in there that recalls the French dealing with the ragheads recently?)

In the meantime... another aspect of what's necessary in keeping the peace - along the lines of what the Chinese are doing throughout Africa right now (and have been for some time), in providing aid, building infrastructure, roads, schools, etc., here's a note from Mbendi dated yesterday.

Do you honestly think there's any conflict in what they're doing for the Mali economy & people?:

START

Title
    Randgold Resources will donate 60 tonnes of rice to the Red Cross for distribution in the north of Mali

Randgold Resources will donate 60 tonnes of rice to the Red Cross for distribution in the north of Mali following reports of acute food shortages in the area, particularly in Gao, Kibal and Timbuktu.

The rice will be purchased in the capital, Bamako, and transported to the north under the supervision of the Red Cross. Randgold has also undertaken to pay for the expenses involved.

In 2012, Randgold donated over 40 tonnes of rice and 20 tonnes of millet to the Red Cross for distribution in the afflicted area through funds raised by chief executive Mark Bristow's trans-African motorcycle safari trip in 2010. The 'Nos vies en partage' trip was sponsored by Randgold and its service providers and suppliers.

In related initiatives, Randgold co-ordinated a donation of USD3.15 million from Mali's mining industry, which was handed over to Mali interim president Dioncounda Traore to provide humanitarian aid to the conflict-troubled country's people. Last year the mining industry donated USD735000 in emergency funding to avert an interruption of the Mass Drug Administration programme fighting a range of diseases endemic to the area.

Meanwhile, Randgold has met with the UN World Food Programme (WFP) to explore synergistic opportunities between the WFP's on-going Malian Food Security Project and Randgold's Malian mine agribusinesses.

END

http://www.mbendi.com/a_sndmsg/news_view.asp?I=133147&PG=35

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.