GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

Just been looking over the GGP web site and the information it...

1. 8,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Just been looking over the GGP web site and the information it has posted there about Bullseye. I presume, from the nature of the information there , that the comments have been updated in recent times.

I note several interesting (well interesting to me) comments that hint further of things to come.

The first comment that took my eye is probably not all that surprising in some ways. In commenting about J #1 and J #2 this is said.
    "Both wells intersected and logged a 25 - 42 foot sand, Camerina, above the Miogyp resevoir, this resevior was cored and indicated the potential for hydrocarbons"

Okay fair enough. We knew it was there. Good thickness though !

Then in talking about the Acosta well it says :
    " Earlier sidewall cores of the Camerina indicated better oil saturations than the Miogyp."

Ah ? Now does that also apply to J #1 and J #2 or is that true only of Acosta ?

Of course we also have this item which we have had before : "In the Jumonville #2 well the well also logged pay in a shallower reservoir, Marg Vag"

Then we have this very interesting comment. Okay we have had some comment along this line also before but....
    " Both the Camerina and Marg Vag represent further productive potential and will be tested following production ceasing from the Miogyp interval. "

Now the thing that interests me about that (and I may be reading too much into it) is that at that stage when the site info was updated it seems to be indicating that the expectation that production from the Miogyp will cease in the "not too distant" future. Okay that may be next year and there is a fairly strong indication from comments made in announcements or the Quarterly that they anticipate testing the Camerina in J #1 sometime.

So perhaps production from the Miogyp layer in J #1 will either cease or become "uneconomic" as it becomes more a water producer than an oil and gas producer.

Then they will switch to testing the Camerina there and seeing what it can produce.

So again the need to look at getting other "development" wells into the higher (above water) sections of the Miogyp to boost production again.

As they say .....time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.