IGR 0.00% 50.0¢ integra mining limited

interesting comparisons with othe goldies, page-12

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Kojasper

I look forward to seeing your spreadsheet and thank you, in advance, for sharing your expertise.

Another stock that could come under notice because of its very solid success in recent drilling is PRE. It is possibly too early for in depth analysis yet as they haven't published a JORC (at least not to my knowledge). But they are sitting on what could evolve into an elephant deposit right next door to a strongly emerging story in NAV, and they have kilometres of strike yet to be drill tested.

On another matter, I have queried IGR management in relation to a recent article on www.smartinvestment.ca written by Mexico Mike. His past commentary has been excellent.

The article alludes to the strong likelihood for small cap resource companies, with significant ounces in the ground, being taken over cheaply in the not too distant future by the big players in the industry.

I have included the following extract:

This brings up the interesting scenario that Barrick may not in fact be the agent of the Central Banks, but in fact it is the CBs that are the agent on behalf of Barrick. If you are willing to stall gold, and short the hell out the juniors, with the objective to obliterate any interest or excitement in the sector, then it makes sense that the juniors who control the big discoveries will be the victims of this policy. They are literally sitting ducks with market caps that are easy takeout plays for the big producers to grab. Therefore it makes a lot of sense that the senior players who produce most of the gold and silver are not complaining or denouncing the obvious manipulation at work in their markets. They are the direct beneficiaries of this scam.

Unlike the other acquisition sprees that have been common of late, the companies involved will be able to use share capital, and will not have to tap into leveraged buyouts. That is SO last year… Now, when you have big companies that are riding a wave of hype and promotion, while the obscure juniors are almost off the radar screen, it would seem to be the ideal time to strike.

The article gives an interesting perspective as to what has been going on with gold over the past several years, and where we could be heading next.

Unfortunately, Barrick is sitting in prime position with regard to taking out IGR with an already substantial position on the register. I am interested in what strategies IGR have in place to avoid a premature and possibly opportunistic takeover by this company. Barrick by the way, is often regarded as the industry's trojan horse, with an obscene level of hedging contracts which are 'under water' big time, yet the mainstream press never report on their crippling liabilities.

Any suggestions from members here?

Cheers to holders
    Nev

Ps. IGR is the only pure gold stock I hold at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.