MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

I posted yesterday: "On a more commercial note, I understand...

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I posted yesterday:
    "On a more commercial note, I understand that Regal has recently become a shareholder of Mesoblast which is a very shrewd move on their part. I am confused, given my background in science, why it is that 3 employees of Regal, madamswer, hottuna (and Dr Collie) have been so negative for such a long period of time in their commentary on this world leading stem cell company.

I find this quite perplexing and I hope other readers can educate me as to what is going on".

dolcevita responded yesterday:
    "actually madamswer did once say that shorting could be used as a highly effective part of an accumulation strategy.

I think it was a rare moment of candour, albeit it was a humblebrag. Otherwise we get a lot of obfuscation and denial.

The proponents are all very dismissive, but at some point the regulators will have to get quite interested in this.

I'm particularly concerned that a lot of posts disappeared without trace”.

My response to dolcevita and further comments:
    • This situation has raised questions and concerns especially as it relates to Mesoblast, an Australian company pioneering extraordinary new cellular medical science. I’m relatively new to Hot Copper but having scrolled back over many posts am surprised to see such a vast number expressing intense and often unsubstantiated and unwarranted criticism of Mesoblast. As a very experienced scientist, I believe many of the comments made are patently and probably intentionally incorrect. This begs the question as to motive.
    • Picking up on the comment by dolcevita (above) and assuming it is accurate, one could reasonably suspect that Mesoblast has been the victim of a long- standing shorting operation. Obviously I am not accusing or passing judgment but it seems a reasonable hypothesis.
    • Can a fellow poster inform me of the legality of posting information which one could reasonably assume is known to be incorrect by a poster, particularly if that poster states they do not hold shares in the company and whose sentiment is “sell”, but are employed by a company who is accumulating shares at the same time?
    • It seems to me, a novice in understanding “what games may be being played" that Hot Copper, a reputable organisation no doubt, could find its integrity compromised by such conduct. I quote, from the Hot Copper website: “if you own or have some other interest in a security, or you have any connection with a securities issuer that you might benefit from, you must disclose that fact. For example, you may be entitled to receive direct or indirect commissions, fees or other benefits from a financial product or service provider; or you may be associated with a particular securities issuer such as by being an employee or director of a securities issuer. If so, you must disclose that fact in your posting”

• Have any readers expressed their concerns to Hot Copper? If so, can their response be shared?
    • I can only imagine the large number of shareholders who have sold due to the barrage of negative news - which continues. I expect that they will not be at all happy when Mesoblast’s share price increases substantially.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.