BOC 5.88% 48.0¢ bougainville copper limited

Hi all, IMO! Parma you are a brave soul investing in BOC though...

1. 246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi all, IMO! Parma you are a brave soul investing in BOC though this latest movement in the share price must be pleasing as it gives you scope to get out. (IMO) Can't see how the company could hope to mitigate the shocking history of what has happened on Bougainville Island since the Panguna mine closed down,bearing in mind the fact that some of the locals would protect their traditional way of life "to the death". ( Considering as many as 20000 locals died in the ensuing civil unrest it would have to be a brave soul who would risk working there, a bit like having the Boko Haram as your next door neighbour! (and they are probably just as crazy) ). PNG is a can of worms but Bougainville Island is a powder keg. Not a bad resource (1.8bt @ 0.035%cu and 0. 036g/ton au.) but politically untenable (IMO).Maybe the company might garner a return from the dispute with the PNG IRS but no way is this mine(or what's left of it) going into production under Rio's banner. Hope for your sake I'm wrong. BOLTA!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.