EGR 0.00% 9.5¢ ecograf limited

interesting day's trading...

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    before I start, two things:
    1. IMO KNL being amongst the pick of the graphite bunch is probably destined for higher things.
    2. I've watched Martis for a long time, I like his style, he's a savvy trader. I have no issues with Martis.

so about today -
    early this morning KNL was just tooling around 47/49c - up 1.5c, down 1c etc, pretty much as expected on a no news day and other graphite stocks taking stock of themselves as it were. Then up pops Martis announcing he's back in the KNL business....
    It wasn't long before volumes started to pick up along with the sp. Given Martis' HC following, that could be expected but then because of the volume and sp increase to just over 50c, I'd guess the more general market was alerted to a little price action on KNL so 'outside' punters/traders started jumping in - the market is definitely a mechanism that feeds on itself - and so it was that KNL eventually topped 55c to settle a little lower at EOD.

now I've never been a subscriber to the theory that HC posters actually move markets, and I'm not saying that Martis' return to the KNL fold was solely responsible for today's volumes but I'm certain in this instance he was the trigger. I'm not making any judgements either way about any of this - just thought it was interesting how the day unfolded.

I'm not expecting any news from KNL tomorrow so I'll be interested to see how it all pans out. Someone asked me early this morning whether I'd buy KNL at the then 47c (approx) price and I said I'd wait for confirmation of price direction before deciding - seems I didn't take the Martis factor into account....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.6¢ 9.5¢ $3.667K 38.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 3703 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.37pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.