interesting investment idea - cattle, page-49

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Cheers Southoz. Just read that report. Seems about right to me. Interesting stats on the collapse of the live imports for grow-out. Peso is strong at the moment too. The report properly discusses the demand issue and the dysfunctional domestic sector that is doing virtually nothing to address it. And it outlines plenty of good ideas on what could be done. I wonder if the Canadians are doing anything about it - haven't run into any in my neck of the woods. Thanks for that.

G'day 3GB - as you would be aware anything new in the Philippines is highly speculative. As for pork, that is a staple that supports millions of household producers on fairly slim margins. Probably not much room for newbie technology, management and money there. However, as the report suggests there are 10 million people in the country who can afford a steak at western prices but in the main can't get a decent one from local sources. The problems you suggest are real but everything is manageable with the right people. As for the copra meal - too risky, it's not going into the mudcrab pellets.

Anyway, like I said before, I know jack squat about beef, and my immediate focus is elsewhere, so need to bring the right people together and see what they think.

Thanks for the info everyone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.