SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Interesting or sloppy?, page-49

1. 2,018 Posts.
    Mike

I am no expert on OZ class actions. However, cant see goodwill write down being good cause , and the directors have reacted quick to GO's, announcement. Nothing much has changed operationally. I am not making the case but there is a case fro saying directors have
    overdone the prudence and for sure any cases which settle by June 16 will have higher profit margin.

You may have a point, but imagine the scenario in which bulls like me are more right than wrong.

EG

1. NIHL cases dosh banked $280M and debt below $500m by June 17
    2. EBIT $300m yr to June 17.
    3. SP uncorks in light of 1 2 above.

Do you really think a class action on a SP fall brought about by events beyond SGH control ( eg GO pointer which probably wont eventuate) and a dollop of extra prudence in a new Accounting Standard is going to stick easily. Suing myself always seemed odd.
    SGH pointing at a temporary blip with quick fix wont do SGH case any harm . Then you would have to work out if shorting attack caused a temporary aberation in SGH market value. Then maybe we can have a look at the verisimilitude in posts by those supporting short attacks. For balance , there are lots of ways of hopping.

Mel

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.