FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

I've had a bit of a read through some more old Randgold annsand...

1. 243 Posts.
    I've had a bit of a read through some more old Randgold anns
    and found some more items of interest circa 2006 re drilling around the Morila mine. Randgold seemed to believe at the time, that there was potential in the area judging by the amount of drilling undertaken.
    I have added a few of the more poignant excerpts below.

Q4 2005
    In South Mali, we have started a hyperspectral study over Morila and surrounding
    area with the aim of identifying spectral and structural signatures associated
    with the mineralisation as well as remodelling of our geophysical data to
    develop a three dimensional model and the identification of conceptual targets
    for drilling by the second quarter of 2006.
    At Morila, an exploration strategy has been developed with the primary aim of
    providing an assessment of the full global upside resource potential within the
    greater Morila lease area which will in turn drive future mine planning. A 40
    000 metre regional drilling tender has been awarded to Boart Longyear and will
    start in 2006.
    A 40 000 metre plus regional exploration programme is currently underway which
    aims to find another Morila within the 200km2 lease area. Only a few results
    have been obtained to date, the most interesting being SED002 which was drilled
    on the edge of the possible extension of the high grade axis identified in the
    pit. While economic mineralisation was not encountered, a broad anomalous halo
    with 10 metres at grades greater than 1g/t has given encouragement to pursue
    this target further.
    Q3 2006
    At Morila, drilling continued as part of the 40 000 metre regional drilling
    programme, although failing to intersect further high grades, the results
    continue to define the low-grade footprint.
    In South Mali, Randgold has been exploring on its permits immediately adjacent
    to its Morila mine for several years. The techniques used to date have been
    successful in locating mineralised structures such as Ntiola and Kona. However,
    so far no economic mineralisation resembling the Morila deposit has been
    located. A 3 000 metre diamond drilling programme was completed before the wet
    season and has highlighted areas with geological, structural and metamorphic
    similarities to the Morila enclave. To complement the data from this drilling
    programme, a ground gravity survey across the Morila area permits will be
    carried out in the final quarter of the year.
    Q4 2006
    At Morila the regional drilling completed 89 holes for 44 045 metres. The
    results, although failing to identify an additional deposit, have so far
    intersected the low-grade (plus 0.1g/t) footprint to the deposit. This data
    will be used as a vector for follow-up holes to target for higher-grade
    mineralisation.
    Q1 2007
    At Morila, further research has confirmed mineralisation in a multistage
    intrusion related gold system. The regional drilling programme is complete and
    although the next Morila evades detection the mine is currently integrating all
    the layers of information: geology, structure and assay results, to generate a
    three dimensional exploration model with vectors to drive future drill programmes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.