ETM 0.00% 2.2¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Theft of technology? Who else in the world have 5G ( I mean real...

1. 445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Theft of technology? Who else in the world have 5G ( I mean real 5 G). Which company actually has the top REE technology that China can steal from? Names please, rather than generalisation.

And to correct you, US has the dominance in technology up to a certain point, they can use that to punish and sanction other countries if they want to e.g. Turkey, the Middle East in general, who has no technical capabilities and can only buy second grade technology and weapons from the US with a hefty price.

China on the other hand had to do it the hard way to break the technology monopoly by the US, Germany etc. They had to reverse engineer the machinery, the technology, and then what they learnt from it they took it further. You can call that theft or what ever, but if I can pull an iPhone apart and create something better or equivalent, I would be pretty proud of myself. And it took China a whole generation of scentists and engineers to catch up and break through the tech monopoly from the west.

Technology will become redundant sooner or later, the Western Companies know that, they made an active decision to sell to the Chinese market to maximise their profit, with the trade off that the Chinese will learn from them eventually. No doubt intellectual theft happens in China, on a commercial level, but so does the rest of the world, just go and search up news articles on the legal battles between the tech firms in US on copy rights and patents, e.g. Apple, Samsung. It's not the right thing to do, but it happens all around the world.

Do you hear a legal battle between a US tech firm and Huawei? No, because US don't have Huawei's technical capability, and even after Huawei unprecedently disclosed their source codes to prove they have nothing to hide. All the US politicians could do is to throw dirty on Huawei on the grounds of national security. Hey, why are they containing the CFO of Huawei in US, and Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump is roaming free?

There is a famous say. "Do what the US do, don't do what the US say."

Off the topic, but just list another REE company which Shenghe would have to steal from, and how would Shenghe came to that knowledge when they have been the one supporting mining companies with technical knowhows. Just one, please, otherwise, no substantiation as usual - Dull.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.