PLS 6.59% $2.41 pilbara minerals limited

Interesting read, page-23

1. 9,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8430
    Hi Mickzed, you can be guaranteed that grid storage will be buying new, they already are as Patbev shows. The first wave of lots of used EV batteries will not be for 7-8 years anyway.
    I suspect a lot of off grid people will buy them for home storage, but despite their life of 80% still when considered for 'change over' you find that just like a computer battery, once it falls to 80% of output, it does not take long to fall to 60% and so on.

In developed countries all grid storage batteries will be bought new. They don't buy anything second hand now and I don't expect that to change.
    The more solar and wind power on the grid, the more storage they are going to need to even out the load. That is going to be a lot of storage purchased.

Consider a power retailer that buys power from the generators now in Eastern Australia. At some times of the day, around lunchtime on mild windy days especially, the power price can go negative. It means the retailers are PAID to take the power off the grid. If they fill their batteries with free power and release it when the generators are charging a fortune, they will save hugely on their costs, while still charging customers a lot for power. Profits go up, so the generators will have to change how they operate. There is a wind farm in North Queensland that has already bought 10Mwh of batteries, this is only the start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.41
Change
-0.170(6.59%)
Mkt cap ! $7.257B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.57 $2.60 $2.41 $64.35M 25.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 123970 $2.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.42 15148 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.