LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Interesting Times, page-23

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    I was just informed that someone reported a 4-month old post of mine discussing one of Lynas's biggest end users: Toyota.

Pretty sure it was you know who; so not a strong move, loser.

China has done JVs into Lynas Mt Weld production and can now safely raise the price.
    China probably decided the JV route was the best they would get and took it, as further delay could result in a much-worse REE shortfall.
    China raises the price to encourage ROW miners and syppress ROW REE use in manufacturing.
    China needs ramping ROW REE concentrates and collaborations to feed their operations five and ten years down the road.

Thus I am expecting a resurgent global REE mining sector (nevermind whiny Geomega chief) and more active leadership from China. No one else is currently positioned to support the NEV revolution and China is hungry to do so. That's going to earn them credible good will they will not want to waste on ill will of environmentalists. Two can play that game. Remember when Japan started exporting cars? They weren't just cheaper; they used less gas, created less pollution, lasted longer and had lower TCOO. Fast forward 50 years. Sound familiar? China EVs will be the new "Datsuns".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.