PV1 6.25% 3.0¢ provaris energy ltd

interesting to watch mad again today, page-2

1. 3,089 Posts.
    Thanks for that 'footy'. I am not a chartist but they do have their uses - such as pointing out how MAD has fallen.

The current market bears no resemblance to the FUNDAMENTALS of small caps, at the moment.

It's all about finding reasons (mostly by brokers) to push the sp of small caps lower. Makes for more profit when the market bounces back up.

Why do I always say 'brokers' are to blame? In my former profession (a forensic role) we had to look at evidence. THe evidence is that today, brokers had sales at (for example)
    100 shares and 40,000 share at one cent. I will let you do the math. Only brokers can sell a parcel worth less than (for us retail investors) $500.
    So, if I were an investigator, chasing a crim, I would then ask ASIC 'who was the broker'?

The problem is .....as we all know....this is completely LEGAL. So no crime has been committed. Yep, completely legal to sell less than $500 worth of shares at the close, if you are a broker. Even one share (as I saw recently) is legal.

Ethics is a whole different ball game.
    Suffice to say, no wonder 500,000 investors left the share market between 2010 and 2012 (according to ASX figures widely reported in the national media last week).

Currently, if I had a choice, I would NOT invest in share but instead would invest in Cairns real estate. However, I do not have a choice (unless I am an idiot) as all my spare cash is invested in shares.

Don't get me wrong - TTE is a fantastic investment....but the current sp has no connection whatsoever, to the fundamentals. The situation is not relevant to TTE. If I look at either my watchlist, or my list of stocks I have owned over the last say, two years, almost all are at low, low, ridiculously low, current share prices.

My personal opinion (and it is ONLY a personal opinion) is that unless ASIC/ASX re-write the rules which are currently in favour of brokers but not retail investors, many, many more retail investors will leave the Aussie sharemarket for ever. As in, never to return.

I know I am not alone in these thoughts. Just that some (make that many) are not willing to admit they are financially &%$#ed until things improve (and they may get a lot worse before they improve).

Reminds me of that great line from a favourite movie:
    'Snatch' which goes something like this:

Turkish (named after the airline on which he was unfortunately born) and Tommy (named after the famous British sub machine gun) were at the 'Pikies' camp (Gypsy camp), watching a hare running away from two enormous dogs chasing it. Conversation went something like this:

Tommy to Turkish: "Do you reckon that hare is #$%@ed, or is it proper #$&@ed??"

Turkish to Tommy: "It's proper #$%@ed Tommy (long pause)
    Alright".

and that folks, just about sums up the current state of the small caps situation in the Aussie share market.

The good news is...TTE fundamentals are excellent, other than the number of shares issued recently.
    See my and other posts last week for details on the fundamentals.

If you are only invested with money you do NOT need, then you can afford to wait until the share market improves, as currently it is only a paper loss (i.e. you only make it a real loss, if you sell at these ridiculous prices).

Plus, if yo do have spare cash (and big cojones) you could buy more TTE at these prices and average down. (This is NOT investment advice, as I am not qualified to give it).

Mind you, the ASX200 was at 6800 points in late 2007.
    It dropped to 3200 points in late 2008 (after Lehman's meltdown in Oct 2008)

Currently,it is still struggling to hold 5000 points.... and has been since 2009, as far as I remember.

again, you can do the maths on just how far it still has to go to get back to parity.

If it were a joke, we would all laugh - but I can assure you, the self funded retirees are not laughing. No income other than from investments.

Despite having been 'laughed down' on this before, I still think Consumer confidence (i.e. retail investors included) will return if the Federal Govt is changed on 14th September. We need to put the adults back in charge of the Aussie economy.

All of the above is my personal opinion only. It is NOT investment advice in any shape or form. Make up your own minds on your investments and always......... DYOR.

Anyway, I have waffled on long enough. Time to get off here as a great night of TV awaits, starting now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $18.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.4¢ 3.0¢ $45.65K 1.369M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 242683 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 34550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.