PV1 4.35% 2.4¢ provaris energy ltd

interesting to watch mad again today, page-4

1. 3,089 Posts.
    Correct 'mikey26'. If you think TTE is doing 'badly' check out many of the other small caps on the Aussie market.

Just imagine, for a moment, the national media coverage of various down levels that (as an example) the real estate industry would get, if the same down levels as the small caps were experienced in the real estate industry.

Small caps that I follow (most of them) are down 20 per cent to a massive 90 per cent on levels of just 2 years ago.

You should be shocked - but I know you are not, as you are sick (literally) after looking at your share market holdings every day for all of those two years.

So, as an example only...20 per cent drops will incur some media coverage - but unless it is capital cities, not much beyond this.

Now, let's imagine a 40 per cent drop nationally. This is the level that Prof. Stephen Keenan has predicted for at least 2 years, that Aussie real estate will drop to.
    I would predict that national media coverage will be everywhere, on every channel, and all at once.

Now, let's imagine a 60 per cent drop. This is not even close to what many small caps have reached in the past two years. If this were to happen in real estate, I think we would be looking at; politicians calling for inquiries into the real estate industry; individuals going bankrupt at record levels, every single media outlet covering it 24 hours a day, 24/7 and ( I think) the Govt of the day would be in danger of falling immediately and possibly (I think) the average mortgage holder marching in the street calling for answers and action.

Yet, in the small caps, many have fallen further than this ........but no re-action, or anything at all, from the media or the politicians.

Why is this so?????

I do not know the answer. If you have any answers, feel
    free to post them here.

It is a national disgrace and for many, I have no doubt, a life changing (but not in a good way) event.

ASIC/ASX rarely get a mention on national TV, that I know of. Yet, if it were real estate, Lee Sales and the whole ABC TV industry would be all over it......as would the main commercial channels.

I think that (and this is just a personal opinion) is the reason(s) lie in the fact that politicians have no idea about the share market. For god's sake, some of these politicians do not even have a Uni degree, let alone know the workings of the share markets.

There are many other reasons I can think of, but that will do for starters.

All of the above is my personal opinion. It is NOT based on empirical evidence, as I am just one lonely retail investor, who does not have the resources to investigate this problem at a national level. Only the media, ASIC or the ASX can do that, imo.
    You would think they would be all over this - as it is THE story they want and need to investigate. So, why no interest???? It's beyond my understanding?

All of the above is my personal opinion. as always, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.