FSE 0.00% 0.5¢ fuse minerals limited

interesting

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: APPLICATION WITHDRAWN ON 28 MARCH 2024
  1. 66 Posts.
    Some of you may already be reading Conti's forum, but I decided to share this post with you anyway.

"China?s coal-fueled power generation is up 19% so far this year. And steel production has increased an impressive 15%. As a result, China?s importing a lot more coal this year than last.

Year to date, China?s net coal imports are up a staggering 60% over last year?s pace.

A similar story is playing out in India.

Through September, India?s coal imports are up a shocking 30%. And by the end of the year, the nation?s coal imports are expected to exceed last year?s by 36%.

Over the next five years, developing nations around the world are expected to install about 390 gigawatts of new coal-fueled power generation capacity. This alone is projected to require a mind-boggling 1.2 billion tonnes of additional coal every year.

And don?t forget the anticipated increases in steel production over that same period. Global steel consumption is expected to increase more than 30%. As a result, steel makers will need more than 300 million tonnes of additional metallurgical coal annually.

Clearly, demand for both thermal and metallurgical coal is heading in one direction? UP, UP, UP"

On one hand this makes me a bit more optimistic, but on the other I'm a bit worried that in the light of all the activity we still can't secure a TO agreement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FSE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.