SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Interesting, page-6

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Gotta win it first.

But ... interesting observation.

My opinion has always been that no-one really knows how strong the relationship is between SGH and the Australian Unions and, by default, the ALP.

My guess is that SGH is almost something like a department of both - a relationship built up over 80 years.

While the Manus Island schmozzle is just as much a result of labour governments, it's going to be the incumbent libs who are going to get the blame.

The libs are weak right now - and I'm guessing the UK election result would have them rattled.

It looks like SGH is going to help put the pressure on - maybe help out it's mates.

One of my reasons for not pulling the pin on SGH and running with what's left of my decimated holding is my long-term view of SGHs capacity to survive over the long-term.

I've had a long time to consider my options and I still think SGH is one of the best long-term risks on the ASX - and the longer it survives just bolsters my decision making process.

I've still got this notion - which may indeed turn out to be just wishful thinking, that SGH is going to rise like the phoenix out of this firestorm, (being polite here), it made for itself.

Not because of what's obvious to the techos who post here but because of what's not obvious. And there's PLENTY about SGH that isn't obvious.

The last 12 months SGH has almost magically risen above situations that would have sent most other organisations to the wall. It seems to have got considerations that defy logic from any analysis.

But, it's just kept going, seemingly regardless of what appears to be going on around it - and, in my opinion, it seems to be coming out of the quagmire it made for itself - it actually seems to have a future.

And, I'm guessing it's done it because of it's 80-year relationships - I think it has mates-in-high-places, (VERY high places?), who've been doing stuff to look after it and help it get out of it's mess.

Maybe, one day, SGH is back to being the bees-knees and the analysts and the doom-and-gloomers will be left scratching their heads going - 'how did SGH do that?'

As of right now, I dunno why they keep going. Every misery prediction they've come up with in the last 2 years hasn't happened, (along with every positive prediction from the bulls).

If you really think about it, the only things that HAVE happened are the ones that SGH has, almost reluctantly, been obliged to tell SH about.

Everything else has been speculation, no matter how well researched.

Don't people see that that SGH lives in a world it's made for itself - it's not of this planet.

No-one really has any idea about what the next episode of this saga will bring - but I think, judging by the way SGH has been handling thing, whatever it is it will prove to be a good long-term prospect for people who want to invest for the future.

OK - SGH has a way to go yet - and then it'll need to restore investor confidence in it's plan, whatever that plan turns out to be. When it does, the SP will slowly come to reflect that confidence.

Well, that's my 2-bob's worth.

If I'm right on this - good, and if I'm not, c'est la vie.

But, it would be nice to have some fun for a change - it's been a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.