IBX 2.50% 3.9¢ imagion biosystems limited

Sorry, I was talking specifically about the use of the NP for...

1. 112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61

Sorry, I was talking specifically about the use of the NP for Her2 breast cancer. But, yes, you are right that the company has a vision of using their technology for cancer detection/screening as a firstline imaging tool. This is a long way off yet though.

It has taken this long to come up with Her2, which is a well established receptor. What are they going to target for prostate cancer or ovarian cancer? Will there be a common target between the different cancer groups? I mean you look at something like ovarian cancer and there are many, many different types with different pathways of parthenogenesis. These next steps are going to require a lot of further research and development.

But Her2 is proof of concept. No one has done anything like this before. If they can prove it is something that works and is doable with Her2, then they can push on with finding other markers that can be used.

I have to say that I agree with Duke in that detection of Her2 nodal disease, isn't the biggest market. But for me, it's not so much about the size of the market and the profits, but more about the implications of proving the technology works.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.