LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

Interesting, page-214

1. 7,673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509

Chinese production of EVs is way up. I agree. Not clear if just like Tesla and many others, they are not selling through to actual drivers. i know the brand New super car carrier BVD 1 was not allowed to dock and sailed around EU looking for a place to dock because there are so many cars stacked up in ports there was no where to put the cars on BVD 1. The news in next 90 days will be interesting. HEVs are taking off just like i said 8 years ago to AUS and Chem for the reason I gave then. It is important to remember that NdPr in Traction motors is directly related to HP or KWs. Typical Hybrids are about 75% lower power because they supplement the ice. All that will be made in 5 to 10 years is EVs with no ice capability JMO this will be a gradual change as the size of ICE (In KW) grows smaller and electric traction motors grow larger in KW. JMO Any one that is expecting a shift will be disappointed.

Wee seems not to be able to recognize what is happening in this market in spite of many articles explaining it. HEV are now outselling EVs A year ago they were just a fraction. EV sales are still growing but much slower. In the last couple of weeks Toyota, Nissan and Hyundia have all announced new iCE motors just to support HEVs, Right now every HEV uses the same motors as pure ice vehicles. one vendor Has even claimed that there engine will have a thermal efficiency of 50%. That is something I will have to see before I believe.
    Note the 50% ice motor drives a generator at constant RPM and power output and turns on and off as charging is needed. This makes it easy to optimize for that one operating point. Still want to see some actual test results.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.70
Change
-0.070(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $7.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.63 $7.72 $7.57 $17.44M 2.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 482 $7.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.70 6582 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.