LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Interesting, page-226

1. 7,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501

This is your first post about GR and I chose to just ignore it. Since then you have made two more and are using her as a reason every one should buy. i will give two reasons why from my experience and one about GR for you to think about.

GR announced 5% at MP first We now know she was buying LYC and MP and just crossed the 5% Line at MP first. Look at al the comments about GR and how she knew nothing before it was announced on 19 May she had a 5% stake in LYC as well. Then all of a sudden she was great, funny how fast she went from being an idiot to a genus, To be honest I have no idea what she has done with her fathers fortune I do not know if GT has grown it substantially or decreased it. Do You? If so what has she done over last 5 years? It is private so I think it is highly unlikely you know. GR may be the richest person in AU but no one knows how she has done over last few years as far as investing outside of her fathers companies!.

About 50 years ago I owned Berkshire Hathaway which was suggested to me. I was super impressed with WB especially after going to Omaha for an annual meeting. I started following what I thought were his best purchases in my own portfolio. These did not do nearly as well as the fund. Again after arguing with people I stopped doing this. A few years later again because of friends I bought Fidelities Magellan and it did even better than BRK. for a while. Again I read peters books and looked at holdings in the fund and added them to mine. Again I did not do as well as fund. I tried this with some lesser known people results were the same. I think it took nearly 10 years but I learned there is no substitute for DYOR. I picked Profits for focus for My Research because in the long run (definitely not short term) I think it says the most. I have friends that are momentum players. Some do better than me. JMO this is much harder and way more fuzzy than using profits. So pick what you want but then learn it and use it. Using what other people are buying is always a great idea for preliminary research but before you buy make sure you do your own research.

Many things you have done and not done makes me thing you may be a momentum player. if so what happened two years ago that led to LYC falling from AUD 11.56 April 2022 to todays price. What is changing that will reverse this trend. JMO profits are the driver and they will go lower for the next couple of reports 2024 AR, 2025 SAR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.