LYC 1.02% $6.94 lynas rare earths limited

Yes all the REE companies are havening large problems. Why would...

1. 7,607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    True there is plenty of great REE at Mt. Weld, I do not think anybody is debating that. What is important is what it cost to take that out of ground process it and then sell it. After 2024 SAR and for the following 6 to 12 months that process will only result in a TMM EPS of AUD 9 to15 cents, .

At a share price of $6.00 that will result in a PE of 40 to 67. Is this a company you really want to buy into right now? Things could happen that could change this in a major positive way, odds are low. It is all about putting your money where the odds are best. Right now that is not the REE market with anyone. JMO it is not AI either. That is another very exciting bubble that will end. Not sure when, all bubbles pop.

DYOR. Figure out what is most likely to happen then invest accordingly.
    Yes all the REE companies are havening large problems. Why would any body have money in this sector at all? These problems will hurt many of Lynas's competitors which make, make Lynas a great buy in the future, but not now. JMO It is the time to get out, be patient, and wait for things to show improvement. Solid things like REE prices rising and Lynas demonstrating they can really grow production out put. So far lots of talk no actual increase. In Q4 CC AL said they took a couple 100 tons of out inventory and ship it. Production dropped Q3 to Q4. Why did they go to inventory to make shipments?

Here is Q production numbers for Lynas and current 4 Q average. Production rose dramatically when AL took over. AL moving to MAL was the commitment it took to turn LAMP around. It has been flat since then. Down Q3 to Q4 this year. I do understand that there have been problems like Covid severe and unpredictable in advance. I will put my money in Lynas when i can look at this chart and see improvement in output. Not just an excuse for low output. Rember in Q2 AL said they would be at a 10.5 run rate at end of CY 2025. Prices were already low and had just fallen below 450 RMB. Did she really have no idea where market was going. Then in Q3 she says not going to do it because of low prices. Which makes sense. Then why the fall and the shipping of inventory in Q4? When she clearly said in Q3 that the goal was to build inventory and hold it for better prices?

I truly believe she has become like NC in that she tells us anything that sounds good in a CC counting on us to forget it by the next CC. This happens at many companies it is why I always review my notes on past CCs before listening or reading the current one. I do this for all companies I am interested in. It is also why I do so many charts they take numbers and paint a picture.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6367/6367125-dbf2e5561a363f988cd1014454a0bd13.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.94
Change
0.070(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $6.486B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.94 $7.04 $6.88 $23.17M 3.335M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $6.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.97 13052 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.