IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

interim data from can-003 clinical trial, page-25

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Investor 450 and ymav4294,

Leaving aside that the interim and indeed the final results are not statistically valid, an interesting analysis of the results in comparison to the positive trend claimed by the company and a couple of commentators who, to be fair, were basically regurgitating the company announcement.

Regarding the suggestion that the phase III design would have been advantaged by waiting till the IIb results were finalised, I guess they took the plunge to benefit from the quicker segue it allowed to phase III and also worth bearing in mind that the interim result of the small data set is not 'significant' and so whether the different efficacy in rem 1 and rem 2 groups will persist is unclear - though I take your point that any progresions recorded in rem 1 group cannot statistically somehow revert to PFS (under rem 1).

They might return to PFS as part of rem 2, or perhaps co-treatment while undergoing chemo again, but I'd guess any efficacy of CVac might be defeated by chemo and so would not be continued or if it was, be arguable as causative in subsequent PFS - which I think was a subject megemite might have been circling.

In any event, I would have preferred to see the interim results displayed in a manner more easily assessed than the confusing poster-style.

I'd also still like to see a more detailed commentary on the meaning of the results described by PRR rather than just those provided by analytical HC posters, albeit at least one familiar with a form of medical trial methodology.

A positive trend is better than a negative trend, but being a bit more descriptive of the ways in which the matter may play out in positive fashion would be helpful for informed decision-making - 'for example...' accompanied by the usual caveats of forward-looking statements etc.

Sure, maybe the company may feel that it has described the trial aims and details, but something for the non-medical investors who make up the bulk of holders would help us - and help them, especially at a juncture like this where the general ignorance weighs heavily on holders in the face of data whose meaning and impact is not immediately apparent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.8¢ 29.0¢ $539.5K 1.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 214062 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 469318 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.