yes, probably not interested at the time. Was talking to a bloke...

1. 28,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    yes, probably not interested at the time. Was talking to a bloke on Sunday who has been doing some version of this 18:6 IE
    although he eats breakfast and then not again until the evening.

I began this on 2 January so not very far into this at all. Seems to me it is easier to do under certain circumstances and that is what I am learning about myself. I have been reading about this both on the internet and in books borrowed from the library. There appears to be little research into the effectiveness of this eating pattern for older people and, moreover, women may benefit less than males. Their period of fasting may need to be adjusted to a lesser number of hours to be doable, long term.

I suspect that after one loses a few kgs (and they don't have much to lose anyway which is my case), then it becomes more challenging (and possibly destructive as well). Also, if one is prone to fainting (that's me), the last couple of hours becomes a bit problematic in this area and, for women, there is a headache within the last couple of hours to put up with.

Anyway, your view watso that "it's not particularly hard to do" is probably what most people may claim if they tried it, particularly if they are quite well padded and fed before they begin. However, try it for a week or three and see how you respond
    That is a very different story.

My friend has done this for three and a half years. But in the mornings he eats a small tub of full fat yoghurt and pours a lot of olive oil into his dish to eat it with. Very satiating. One large evening meal and very little by way of carbs.

Mind you, obeying the rules of Weight Watchers say my weight fall to less than 50 kgs within 3.5 months. So calories in, calories out, still appears to be very appropriate indeed for weight watching.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.