Mr Gordon I had a chat with an Indian JW been attending a hall...

1. RM
    7,410 Posts.
    Mr Gordon I had a chat with an Indian JW been attending a hall for nearly seven years I asked him did his previous Hindu background and the Jehovah Witness belief in reincarnation was that common ground. He smirked and said he did not really make that connection until I pointed it out.

(For those who do not follow cults Jehovah Witnesses believe that when most people die they cease to exist but remain just as a memory in Jehovah's mind only and the faithful will one day be reincarnated back to who they once were from Jehovah's perfect memory)

But I did quiz him about certain aspects of his previous religion regarding death and reincarnation and it led to a topic of hell which I asked him who does the Watchtower teach is in hell now? and he correctly stated Adam, Eve and Judas Iscariot.

Now I told him that the Bible does not directly state that Adam and Eve are in hell like he has been taught by the Watchtower but I did point out the fact that Adam in Genesis 5 was listed in the faithful genealogies of Seth. He seemed very trouble by that very trouble not sure if it was his Hindu background but how amazing that these so called boring genealogies can have such a profound impact. He became very receptive after that point.

Unfortunately I had spent some time discussing his previous pagan faith Hinduism that I had to rush off but he was very eager for more once we had discussed the shared beliefs he had in reincarnation and genealogies really struck a cord with him, the Holy Spirit Mr Gordon His works are evident.

I left the man with just one task which I was glad to see he quickly took out a pen and wrote down.

Go the the jw.org website look at the Watchtowers own Greek interlinear of Colossians 1:15-17

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/kingdom-interlinear-greek-translation/books/colossians/1/

then go to the New World Translation of the same passage and see what you find what was added and what does it change with regards to doctrine.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/colossians/1/

I do not think after seven years he is long for your society Mr Gordon some re enter captivity one about to escape captivity.

Last edited by RM: 27/06/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.