ETM 4.35% 2.2¢ energy transition minerals ltd

International Experts on Kvanefjeldet

1. 1,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441

This post is for GGG/GDLNF/G7P.F LONGS’ EYES ONLY

“Mining waste poses no risk to the environment and localresidents of Greenland”

“Themining project on Kvanefjeldet was disputed during the election campaign.Particularly the issue of so-called radioactive waste has caused debate. Inthis article a leading international expert explains the Self-Government'sconclusion that the waste does not constitute an environmental risk, as hasotherwise been claimed in many media outlets.

Greenlandhas a new government. One of the big issues for the new government is the mineon Kvanefjeldet. Many themes regarding the mine have been discussed in public,but not always on a proper basis. We have therefore called one of the world'sleading experts in radioactivity to get his assessment of the risk at the mineon Kvanefjeldet: the internationally renowned physicist Doug Chambers fromArcadis. Arcadis is a world leading company inthe field of environmental consulting. In this interview, we wouldlike to get his assessment of the radioactive mine waste from Kvanefjeldet,which has been discussed widely in Greenland. Is the radioactive mine wastefrom Kvanefjeldet a risk to the environment in Narsaq and South Greenland?Normally, the term "radioactive waste" is associated with highlyactive radioactive waste, primarily from nuclear power plants.

Themine on Kvanefjeldet will only produce residual waste in the form of tailngs,which are stored in Taseg. This waste should not be described as"radioactive waste" in the traditional sense., as the radioactivityin the tailings is comparable to that found locally in natural backgroundsediments.

But doesthat mean the mining waste is not radioactive at all? No, it does not. Theradiological content of the mine's waste reflects the natural geology of SouthGreenland. In general, the radioactive content of the ore is low to moderatewith 300 ppm uranium and 600 ppm thorium. The radioactive content of themineral tailings is even lower. In fact, the radioactivity in most of themine's tailings comparable to that in silt in the local streams. From a radiationperspective the tailings are safe for the environment and people. “

If you have not already seen this important article and wish to read it in full use the link below:

https://www.ggg.gl/assets/GL-DK/GMLTD_News_Maj-UK.pdf

La Vita Is Always Bella!

In REE VERITAS!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $30.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $37.78K 1.681M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1510902 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 50951 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.